Friday, February 22, 2008

"Whatcha been up to?", you ask.

It was Justin's birthday on Tuesday (the big 3-1) and he took the day off. That pretty much guarantees it's going to be a good day. We went to the Downtown Aquarium and saw enough different kinds of fish and water creatures to make you never want to swim in a lake or the ocean again. Ever. And we had dinner at Beau Jo's, Justin's favorite pizza joint, with my sister and brother-in-law. And Beau Jo's had macaroni salad in the salad bar, which made me so very happy. Amelia loves to celebrate every little thing (no idea where she gets that from) and she was giddy all day. Lily had banana pancakes for the first time and that pretty much made her day (along with peas, crackers, and cheese from the salad bar).

No one has been sleeping very well. Amelia has taken to yelling out for me, and only me, at 4:30AM. Sometimes she goes back to sleep, sometimes not. It makes for a long, long, l-o-n-g morning. And you know that saying: "If momma's not happy, aint nobody happy"? Enough said.

And I have watched too many sad movies lately (Becoming Jane, Atonement). And not only are they sad, but they are desperately romantic and horribly tragic and that just ruins my whole day. I get way too caught up in these kinds of movies but it is so heart-wrenchingly worth it for me in some strange, sick way. I think I am going to have to read Pride and Prejudice again just to get swept up in something I know will end well (sorry if this is spoils the ending for someone, but you really ought to have read this book already).

Lastly, our computer is over ten years old (yes, you read that correctly) and Justin fulfilled a life-long dream of custom ordering a new computer. It was shipped today and is, as I type, en route to Colorado to my little home to my little make-shift desk to make my life (and blogging) easier and a billion times faster.

So that's what I've been up to. Now I am off to start my weekend and I do so hope you enjoy yours.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, friend. Hope yours is great too. Happy birthday to Justin! Also, I see there are some changes to your page/lists worth noting...just thought I would let you know I saw them and I dig em'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray for aquariums! we just went to one and saw some gnarly sharks! and a happy birthday to justin! hope your family is well. we miss you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you about the sad movies. I decided to READ Atonement before watching it. I finished it at about 12.30 am and felt absolutely gutted...then later that day my friend and I saw it in the theater, and I was further gutted. Sad, sad, sad, too sad. If you haven't yet, watch Juno - it'll make you smile.

    Wish Justin a huge happy birthday from us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like the fast forwards on Lost, either! I mean, seriously, don't these people need happy endings after all this sh*t? For the love.

    Glad Justin had a happy b-day--what fun to get a new, custom computer! Hope he gets our belated gift soon (sorry about that).

    May sleep come quickly and easily to all and last through the entire night~
    m.

    ReplyDelete