Well, this is it. Today is the day. Everything I believe in and hope in and have faith in rests on this day. We read this from the girls' Bible this morning:
The angel asked them, "What are you doing here? This is a tomb and tombs are for dead people." The women couldn't speak. "Jesus isn't dead anymore!" he said. "He's alive again!" And their hearts leapt. And then the angel laughed with such gladness that they felt, for a moment, as if they had woken from a nightmare.
I love the line: the angel laughed with such gladness. And today I want to laugh and shout and sing and dance and celebrate. This evening in church I wish we could push back the chairs to the walls and all dance and sing like crazy people (a good, inviting crazy, naturally). We may not do that, but we will be handing out sticks with ribbons attached for the kiddos to dance and wave their little ribbons around. Hopefully, I can talk somebody into handing one over to me...I can't imagine I'll be able to let all the kids do the dancing.
Happy Easter, my friends. He is risen!!
happy easter you guys! love you!!! amy, i hope you got to dance...
ReplyDeleteps. amy, what bible do you have for the girls? i love that translation!
The Bible is called The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd-Jones. We love it and the illustrations are amazing!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I did get a "ribbon stick" and I would say my moves counted as dancing. (-:
hey i found your blog as i click the "next blog" button. Your live sounds so peaceful and i wish i can have that kind of live. Btw, i'm from Malaysia and we don't have snow here so if i managed to live in a country with snow i would be so happy~ Peeps:P
ReplyDeleteAh, we too read from The Jesus Storybook Bible - SO awesome! I love they way it ties everything in to the Rescuer and the Secret Rescue Plan! I hope you had a lovely Easter, and I wish I could have been there dancing with you...I SO would have been dancing with you!
ReplyDelete