This is what my home looks like:
"One life on this earth is all that we get, whether it is enough or not enough, and the obvious conclusion would seem to be that at the very least we are fools if we do not live it as fully and bravely and beautifully as we can." ~Frederick Buechner
Thursday, February 11, 2016
sunshine and also trash
The sun is shining warm and bright in the Colorado sky today and the warmth reminds me how much better I feel when things start to heat up a bit. I stand outside and close my eyes, face towards the sun. I have a teeny, tiny smidgen of hope that February/winter will not last forever and just maybe I will feel more like myself again in the spring/summer. I do not wish time away but I am in serious need of some warmth.
This is what my home looks like:
If you can't see it, that is actually trash on the floor. Trash. Evidently, I have not taught my eleven-year-old the skill of picking up garbage. There was a time I would "tidy up" these messes so they weren't so messy and/or so my girls could spend less time cleaning up and more time creating. Life is so short! We must create or die! (Seriously, they would have little or no reaction if I passionately exclaimed this as it is such a common notion in our home.) Well, people, I am not touching these messes today. Or any other day. They need to start carrying their own weight around here and even if the whining kills me I will make them clean their crap up. And I will also lovingly show my oldest daughter where to dispose of trash. I'm sure she will thank me one day.
This is what my home looks like:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment