A Morning Offering
by John O'Donohue
I bless the night that
nourished my heart
To set the ghosts of
longing free
Into the flow and figure
of dream
That went to harvest from
the dark
Bread for the hunger no
one sees.
All that is eternal in me
Welcome the wonder of
this day,
The field of brightness
it creates
Offering time for each
thing
To arise and illuminate.
I place on the altar of
dawn:
The quiet loyalty of
breath,
The tent of thought where
I shelter,
Wave of desire I am shore
to
And all beauty drawn to
the eye.
May my mind come alive
today
To the invisible
geography
That invites me to new
frontiers,
To break the dead shell
of yesterdays,
To risk being disturbed
and changed.
May I have the courage
today
To live the life that I
would love,
To postpone my dream no
longer
But do at last what I
came here for
And waste my heart on
fear no more.
No comments:
Post a Comment