Saturday, June 28, 2008

Our Beach Vacation


We went to Southern California for a little over a week to housesit for some friends of ours who pretty much live on the beach. Even with the perils of traveling and vacationing with little ones, what it truly ended up being was a precious, precious time with just our little family. After all, they are only 3 and 1 once...it just won't ever be the same again.

Some highlights include:
* Amelia calling the bird of paradise flower "bird of asparagus"
* Driving through the night there and back - sounds about as fun as it was and only made possible with a little can of somethin' called "Rock Star"
* In-N-Out (if you don't know what this means I truly feel sorry for you)
* Lily discovering birds for the first time - she was deliriously happy
* Beach combing every evening as the sun set on the water - I looked for shells, Amelia looked for "stinky feathers"
* Reuniting with our very first neighbors (and great friends) back in the Morrison days, Nate and Charity, and spending time with them and their two wonderful kids, Salem and Soleil
* Starting out white and ending up a wonderful tan
* Amelia getting to eat those little variety boxes of sugar cereal every morning for breakfast (her favorite? "colored cheerios"/fruit loops

And just because their little bodies are so cute in swimming suits:









5 comments:

  1. Amy.. you are hilarious! I never read a post of yours without laughing at your crisp sense of humor... I couldn't be happier that you had such a wonderful vacation! It is so great to see you take joy in all those little things you love about your girls. You find the neatest things about them to cherish, I find that so special. You describe their tiny personalities so well, and it's so fun to read about them. I also adore the Jessica's word of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amy,
    looking at your pictures makes me looong for the beach! i think i'll go find one! it's been HOT here, but cooler today. i'm glad you guys had such a great getaway - we all need that sometimes! i look forward to those times with my little family too! love you.s

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy! I'm so glad that you guys had a great time...I only wish I could have seen you.

    By the way, did I ever mention to you that we have an In-N-Out just a 3 minute drive from my house? Very dangerous indeed...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like bliss. I love that first perfect picture of Amelia. She looks, in that picture, like I know you feel at the beach...the fullness of abundant life!

    ReplyDelete