Saturday, April 18, 2009

and now, I'm over it

It has now been snowing and snowing for over 24 hours. Wet, heavy, dangerous snow that threatens to break all the tree branches and ruins all the budding daffodils and tulips. As of this morning, our streets have not been plowed so I'm pretty sure we are snowed in. The positive is everyone on our street is out shoveling and talking and helping each other and I'm sure all the kids will be playing together later this morning. Our neighbors even called us over last night for drinks and our first Wii experience (I beat Justin in bowling, not that it matters). There is something about a big snow that brings a neighborhood together. The negative is that I feel claustrophobic, the girls are already fighting, and we were supposed to be headed this very moment to visit some dear friends for the day. Not to mention it's the end of April and it was 70 degrees last week. So...disregard my last post. The snow? I am so over it.

2 comments:

  1. And now, we're back to 70, and the snow is nearly gone and it has barely been 48 hours. Colorado weather is so weird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cali...here you come. You are pretty much guaranteed not to get snow there. Have a great week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete