Saturday, August 29, 2009

asking for it

One hot summer day I decided to take a break from the sprinkler and let the girls use a real, live garden hose gun. It looked quite ridiculous - tiny little Lil' holding on to the hose with all her might, spraying a huge fountain full of water:



That was when I decided to get a little bit closer, camera and all. I snapped the following picture and saw her brilliant look of realization and pure joy spread across her face. Simultaneously, something deep within me yelled, "Too close! Too close!"

It doesn't take a lot of imagination to guess what happened next. I got completely and utterly soaked and she followed me all the way across the lawn screaming with laughter and, if I remember correctly, something that sounded a little like sweet revenge. Once I talked her down, all three of us looked at me dripping from head to toe, and almost peed our pants we laughed so hard. It was most definitely worth it.

3 comments:

  1. Love it!!! Thanks for sharing :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. heehee...this only proves the fact that your little one, though she looks a lot like her daddy, has plenty of you in her. She can sniff out an opportunity to shake things up a little. She can catch a person at a weak moment and tickle them...er...I mean...spray them with water til they scream for mercy. Hmm...yep...sounds like someone else I know. :)

    I'm so glad we get to catch moments like these with our kids. So fun! Next time, you better have the super soaker handy.

    ReplyDelete