I'm not going to lie, things have felt rough lately. Words like disconnected, confused, apathetic, weary, come to mind. Parenting has been especially challenging and this challenge really hasn't been the best thing to ever happen to my marriage. And I'm sad about my parents' divorce and all its terrible consequences. I feel lonely and a little trapped and a little scared. And in the midst of it all God feels, well, distant...hundreds of miles away distant. And I just can't muster up the strength, the desire to do anything about it. Then I think that He's God...can't He do something? Will He? I don't know. All I do know is that I want to want Him. I want to desire Him again and trust and believe. But today all I can do is read this prayer and hope that it enough:
O God, I have tasted Thy goodness and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need for further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, the Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, so that I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up my love, my fair one; come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wandered so long. (A.W. Tozer, The Pursuit of God)
Ah, Amy. I'm there with you and have been many times. Praying that you will feel an incredible presence of God today and realize that He never is far from us, even though we may fee like He's a hundred miles away. I love your honesty and for revealing yourself because it makes me realize I am not crazy or alone. Ok, maybe crazy...but definitely not alone. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteoh friend. I think an extra day with each other would have done both of us a world of good. Praying...
ReplyDeletethanks, Amy - for putting into words many of my recent thoughts. i've been hard to get to lately, and maybe sharing your post with Dave will help him understand a bit...
ReplyDeleteOh, girl, I feel for ya! We all have been there (or are there now). Thanks for your honesty. Praying for you.
ReplyDeleteXOXO
I don't think I've ever read words that fit my life so perfectly- so timely... at a time when I too have been asking God to speak to me... saying earlier tonight- 'I'm so far from you God- i've felt this longing for so long'
ReplyDeleteOh, Amy words can NOT describe what reading these words did for my soul. God was speaking through your life.
thank you for sharing your soul dear friend...
now THIS is what blogging should do- bring us closer as a community and closer to God somehow... It is a conversation I want to continue. *ms*
Drained. Been there. It takes a drain to get a refill. Here's to your cup that WILL overflow again.
ReplyDeleteWait for it. Love and Prayers -
Charlene