"One life on this earth is all that we get, whether it is enough or not enough, and the obvious conclusion would seem to be that at the very least we are fools if we do not live it as fully and bravely and beautifully as we can." ~Frederick Buechner
Wednesday, January 20, 2016
the kitchen
My life is filled with little moments. Little moments that most often take place in the kitchen. I read somewhere that the kitchen is the "heart of the home." Please. The mother is the heart of the home and it so just happens she spends a good chunk of her valuable time in the kitchen. I've seriously considered buying a cute little camping cot to set up there just so I could have a lie down between breakfast, cleaning up, doing homework and the third round of snacks. (Obviously, the less physical activity for me the better.) I never would have imagined how much of mothering involves me on my feet in the freaking kitchen. But I have graciously made my peace with this sweet space being where I live most of my life. Mostly because I also find chocolate and wine there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You're back! You're back! You're back!!! I'm so happy. This is how I connect with you. And I've missed you.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes. So much chocolate and wine.
Hey cousin! I am back - hesitantly and without fanfare. (-: You made my day seeing your beautiful face. Love you.
ReplyDelete"to have a lie down" ~ brilliant! xoxo
ReplyDeleteI knew you would appreciate that!
ReplyDelete