Thursday, September 4, 2008

Letting Go

Today is Amelia's first day of preschool. As I drove back home in, what felt like, an ocean of tears (for the love!), I remembered two things Miska has told me: 1) She and I will not go lightly through this life. 2) "This is motherhood, I thought, love and loss bound so tightly together, it is impossible to separate them. I felt her pull away before I was ready to let her go."

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes I feel like your blog is so beautiful that none of us should be reading it (well, technically, that's the way it was supposed to be, right? ;) ) thanks for making me cry too. :)

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. yikes! i know this experience will be mine in just a few short years. thanks for putting what it feels like to be a mom so eloquently.

    ps. tickets to idaho are purchased *hands on cheeks - YEEE!!*

    ReplyDelete
  3. did I say those things? =)

    Oh, the heartbreak of it all. Way to be brave, Aim.

    ReplyDelete