Friday, November 14, 2008

Me and Miska

I flew to Charlottesville, VA to visit my friend, Miska, and her family. I loved the new city they are now living in and the funky vibe it has. It just seems to fit them. Even more, I loved spending time with my beloved friend and rediscovering a piece of me that had been missing. I found a card during my visit that said: We all let people into our lives, but you will find that really good friends let you into your own. That pretty much sums up my time with her and why I'm so bummed it's over.

2 comments:

  1. Amy, I just read this by Thomas Merton and have myself been in a state of reflection on the holiness of friendship.

    "The lives of all the men we meet and know are woven into our own destiny, together with the lives of many we shall never know on earth. But certain ones, very few, are our close friends... ...They are inseparable from our own destiny, and, therefore, our love for them is especially holy: it is a manifestation of God in our lives."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Aim, I'm so sad it's over, too. Thankfully, there's more to come. I love you, and am so grateful for you!

    ReplyDelete