Thursday, February 3, 2011

i'll take it...

Thanks to my friend, Tanya, this song has been on constant repeat both at home and in my car (it would drive my sister c-r-a-z-y). It grew on me so you have to be sure to give it a chance. What I love, love about this song is the way it begins with something like a confessional, then moves to a prayer, and then to this amazing response of God's care and goodness (something I am desiring to know more of this year). You must really crank up the volume at the end: I open my arms wide and every time I tear up as I sing/yell, "You take the weight from my shoulders, my hands were clenched and now they're open, I'll take your goodness poured from the sky." Goodness poured from the sky, people! This song is my mantra for this year. (And any song that has this kind of line: can you undo me...enough to heal me, well, that's my kind of song.)


Too Proud
The Blackthorn Project

I’m too proud to ask
too broke to eat
too weak to bow
too strong to bleed

can you sing over me…words of comfort
can you satisfy me…sweet honey
can break through me...with your strong hands
can you undo me…enough to heal me

you take the weight from my shoulders
my hands were clenched now they’re open
I’ll take your goodness poured from the sky
food from the ravens
water from the dry well

3 comments:

  1. wow--what a beautiful song. thank you for passing it on.

    and love the picture of you, grinning with your arms flung wide. that's always my picture of you--eyes, heart, arms open & ready to take in all that is good and true and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very awesome song! I watched it on YouTube here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s4iYb0Vuuc
    I miss being in Women's Group with you and Tanya and the others. Love my group, but miss you guys too (if that makes sense). :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this song! one of my favorites for awhile now! i'm turning it up with you girl and raising my arms with you!

    ReplyDelete