Wednesday, April 20, 2011

new eyes

Everywhere I look spring is happening. Beautiful white and pink blossoms, tulips and daffodils, fresh brand-new-green aspen leaves against white bark. Something wonderful is going on here...

As Easter approaches, I can't help but believe spring is creation shouting out that new life is happening all around us. That what once seemed dead, was actually being repurposed and reborn to something bright and beautiful. All of creation is blossoming and declaring: JESUS IS ALIVE! And that in Him we grow and blossom and are reborn with the seasons' change.

Can you see it? Can you feel it?

When he came near the place where the road goes down the Mount of Olives, the whole crowd of disciples began joyfully to praise God in loud voices for all the miracles they had seen: “Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord!” “Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!” Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, “Teacher, rebuke your disciples!”

“I tell you,” he replied, “if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.” (Luke 19:37-40)

2 comments:

  1. I just realized you wrote this on Cora's birth day. Does that count as noticing new life and rebirth in nature? having a baby I mean:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss hearing from you Amy... *hint, hint* :)

    ReplyDelete