"One life on this earth is all that we get, whether it is enough or not enough, and the obvious conclusion would seem to be that at the very least we are fools if we do not live it as fully and bravely and beautifully as we can." ~Frederick Buechner
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
An Unexpected Visit
Knocking on my door this morning was our great friend, Winn (all the way from South Carolina). He was so out of place in my little world, but so at the right place as well: a true friend wanting to visit my home. We had a great visit and it was so life-giving to me, I hope he felt as loved and enjoyed as he was and I hope the mountains and the woods give him the rest and peace he needs. He has such a great heart, true wisdom and desperately seeks God, more desperately and honestly than anyone else I know. He just published his second book, Let God, (http://www.winncollier.com/books.php) and my husband and I are starting to read it together. I think it's going to be great. The other fabulous thing about his visit is that I feel like I kind of got to see Miska and their boys...and, well, that's just about as good as it gets for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment