Well, we didn't see Jesus in the sky, but we did make it safely to Idaho. We spent the first days there at my Dad's. We rode horses and Amelia rode a horse for the first time and loved it. I loved watching her, hoping this was just the beginning of a love of horses for her. My Dad took her riding with him on a four-wheeler and I had a little lump in my throat as I watched her long, brown hair flying back, looking just like me with my Dad so many, many years ago. Lily spent most of her time playing in the dirt and terrorizing the miniature poodle named Boo. And I rode a real, live motorcycle for the first time. I started out almost driving into an electric fence, recovered and rode like a bad-ass, then practically ended up in a ditch, but it was good while it lasted. We really enjoyed being out on the farm, hanging out with our family, the open space, big sky and the quiet. I also laughed a lot with my Dad. And that was good.
We had a party with my Dad's side of the family and that was good too. I still find it hard to believe that I, along with my first cousins, are the 30 and 40-year-olds in the crowd with the young kiddos running around. When did that happen exactly? And something wonderful I took away from our time in Idaho was wine from my Aunt. The best. Ever. St. Chapelle: soft chenin blanc to be exact. Made in Idaho. Go figure.
It was short, but sweet and great memories and I get excited thinking about the girls going back to visit the farm again. And that is an even better thing to bring back with me.
Charlene here, I laughed to tears imagining Amelia singing about flying to meet Jesus to her nervous parents. Oh, for the faith of a child. Was wonderful to see you here in Idaho-glad you made great memories with the girls. We're headed to California this afternoon, by minivan, for a school meeting, and funner things. Hopefully there won't be any prophecy of doom coming from the back seat. Love you all.
ReplyDeleteSo glad the trip has good memories and you're home safely. Those pictures of the girls are priceless!
ReplyDelete